Thursday, April 12, 2007

Personal and international conflicts

I want to say first that all of your comments in this topic have caught my eye. After I read all of them I want to share with you my personal opinion about this interesting topic. It is really true that all the people have experienced many conflicts in their lives: with their parents or friends, at home or work, with his/her girlfriend or boyfriend, etc. At this point, do you think that is the same a personal conflict than an international conflict?

I agree with Laureat and Omar when they say that a conflict between two friends makes the relationship stronger after the resolution. I’ve experienced that before too, but my question is: do you think that a war between two countries makes the relation between those countries after they find an agreement stronger? Maybe it’s possible, but if you look some examples in the past, you will find that this is not necessary true. And if it’s true I have another question: It is necessary the death of many innocence people to start a good relation between two countries? Definitely no, right?

It’s time to get conscience about this problem and its better if we start to do it right now when most of the governments are more interested in getting more weapons and improving their armies than in educating their people in virtues like justice and honesty, and values like peace.

If we are trying to reach that we called “civilized society” we must start refusing any kind of war.

No comments: